||Jonathan D. Bick
PATENT ATTORNEY REGISTRATION NUMBER: 70063
Jonathan Bick represents a wide range of clients in connection with Internet law and e-commerce matters.
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEECHES
See http://bicklaw.com ( Mr. Bick's academic site ) for the full text of these and more than 100 additional publications.
- "Failure To Consult Internet May Result in Legal Malpractice" New Jersey Law Journal, January 21, 2013
- "The Maturing Nature of e-Intellectual Property Legal Services" New Jersey Law Journal, November 12, 2012
- "Anonymous Versus Fraudulent Internet Speech" New Jersey Law Journal, September 17, 2012
- "Applying Technology to the Business of Health Care" New Jersey Law Journal, April 30, 2012
- "Technology Increases Internet Facilitator’s Liability" New Jersey Law Journal, February 27, 2012
- "Law Office & Trust Account Management: How the Internet Benefits and Impairs Law Firms," New Jersey Law Journal, February 6, 2012
- "Internet Service Providers' Access to E-mail Content: Not an Invasion of Privacy," New Jersey Law Journal, November 14, 2011
- "Protecting Bloggers From Liability," New Jersey Law Journal, September 26, 2011
- Georgetown Journal of International Law 2011 Symposium on International Cyberlaw, March 21, 2011
- "The Digital Estate: What You Need to Get Started," Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey, December 7, 2010
- "Digital Estates," ICLE, September 13, 2010
- "63rd Semi-Annual Tax & Estate Planning Forum," New Jersey Law Center, June 9, 2010
- "Federal Trade Commission Regulates Blogging" New Jersey Law Journal, November 30, 2009
- "Enforceable Browse Wrap Contracts" New Jersey Law Journal, September 14, 2009
- "E-Dissemination of Individual's Image" New Jersery Law Journal, July 20 2009
- "Getting Stimulus Funds for Electronic Medical Record Systems" New Jersey Law Journal, May 25, 2009
- "Lawful Mining of Social Networks" New Jersey Law Journal, February 16, 2009
- "Curbing Internet Defamation" New Jersey Law Journal, Volume 195, No. 3, Index 145 January 19, 2009
- "Changing Internet Pharmacy Legal Standards" Internet Law & Strategy, January 2009
- "Law Office & Trust Account Management: How the Internet Benefits and Impairs Law Firms" New Jersey Law Journal, February 6, 2012
Jonathan Bick has served as a Professor of Internet Law at Pace Law School and Rutgers University Law School (1998-present). He also serves as a Professor for Business Law and Electronic Commerce, Rutgers University & University of Maryland joint Electronic Commerce Masters program (2000-present), as a Professor for the Pace Law Center for Continuing Legal Education (1998-present), and as an Internet Law Visiting Lecturer at Cornell University - Ithaca, NY (2000-present).
He is the author of 101 Things You Need To Know About Internet Law (Random House 2000). He has published more than 200 articles regarding Internet law during the past six years and is on the editorial board of The Internet Law & Strategy. He speaks regularly on Internet and computer law-related issues.
In private sector matters, Jonathan's recent successes include:
- Advising technology and new media clients in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America in connection with e-commerce and multimedia electronic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Counseling clients on various cutting-edge liability issues facing those doing business on the Internet, including electronic commerce, copyright infringement, domain name trademark disputes, defamation and privacy issues.
- Representing various e-commerce firms in white collar criminal defense from coast to coast.
- Advising government officials and corporations in connection with proposed electronic commerce legislation.
- Representing numerous companies in connection with trademark and unfair competition issues, including selection and registration of marks, prosecution and defense of opposition proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and trademark and trade dress infringement actions in the federal courts, as well as infringement litigation.
- Advising both company and agency clients in the area of advertising, marketing and promotion law, including sweepstakes and other sales promotions.
- Reviewing Application of the American with Disabilities Act to the Internet
ADDITIONAL NOTEWORTHY INFORMATION
Jonathan is a chartered Financial Analyst. He splits his professional life between academia and the practice of law. Previously a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig and an IBM attorney, Adjunct Professor Bick now regularly teaches while helping clients resolve legal difficulties.
- Board Member of New Jersey Audubon Society, 2009-present
- President of Residents of Windmill, Inc., 1994-1997
- Board of Trustees B'nai Jeshurun, Short Hills, 1998-2007
- Membership Committee Mountain Ridge Country Club, West Caldwell, NJ, 2002-2006
- Scout Master/ Assistant Scout Master Troop 15, Christ Church, Short Hills, NJ, 1998-2006
- American Jewish Committee Board member, 2006-present
- Lehigh University,
- Cornell University,
- Seton Hall University,
School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Georgetown University,
LL.M. in Taxation, J.D., 1990
|BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Patent Bar